Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Classic Cathy

Since I've just discovered I have a loyal following of THREE people, I feel that I must post after such a long lapse.  Unfortunately, I got nothing.  So I've combed the archives and have found this email exchange.  In 2008, my sister forwarded to me a burning question she'd received from her friend Amy regarding the TV classic "thirtysomething" (which has just recently been released on DVD).

The question:

Howdy! The Melanie Mayron character. She was perpetually single, right?  And she was the one who was still single at the end of the series, because the curly-haired girl got married, right?


My answer:
I'm so proud! I know the answer! Curly-haired Ellen Warren married Billy Sidell near the end of the series. At her wedding, the ghost of Gary tells Michael Steadman how it will all turn out. When doing so, he foretells that Melissa (Melanie Mayron) and her beau Lee (the painter/artist who is much younger than she) will have a daughter (though he doesn't say they wed).  FYI, in addition to "thirtysomething," I can do "The Dick Van Dyke Show," "The Mary Tyler Moore Show," and "My So-Called Life."

I'm always thrilled to be an expert in something.  If anyone needs more expert advice, I'm aces in the following areas:

*Pimple popping [I can tell at a glance if it's ready to go, if it needs to be primed a day ahead, or if it's (as my husband calls it) subterranian]
*Meat expiry [how long it can be stored, cooked or raw (factoring in refrigerating vs. freezing, date of purchase vs. sell-by-date, and other items of concern only us experts would know)]
*The use of brackets and parentheses.

I admit that my areas of expertise might be considered pathetic by some.  What would be, I'm sure, considered pathetic by all is that I archived a two-year old email that showcases my near autistic recall of defunct TV shows.  We take what we can get.

3 comments:

  1. Love it. It's good to be an expert in something. And as you know, I consult you on each and every one of your areas of expertise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember how thrilled I was to have such a thorough response! Hooray for expertise!

    Is the sausage in the fridge still good?

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I love being appreciated!

    Re: the sausage....cooked or not? Ever frozen? Link, patty, or bulk? (As you can see, this was not a question for amateurs.)

    ReplyDelete