Thursday, June 4, 2009

That's Not Writing, It's Typing!

I've always had such potential. But then I forgot to do anything with it. I've taken pride in my facility for words, though I'm slowly coming to the conclusion that my gift is more for pronouncing them (who else but me and my mom says "mauve" correctly? or "forte"? or "short-lived"?) than writing them. My friend Mary still believes differently. Because I so very much want her to be right, I'm going to give this a shot: a blog about me (which limits the audience pretty much to me and Mary, until she's full up on the me stuff). It's a great day in the techno-world, when my writing practice can be posted for all, giving me the illusion of success.

4 comments:

  1. You forgot to mention "foyer" and "chaise lounge."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eagerly waiting for the next installment....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love correctly saying "chaise longue." Also "angst". And people who can't pronounce "mischievous" (there are only THREE syllables, folks) make me crazy.

    ReplyDelete